Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wii Fit and smashing furniture, Week 7

I remember the time I was drooling over the Wii Fit when it first appeared on the market. I was even a regular window shopper of the Challenger store at Hougang Mall. Everytime I had a chance, I'll be looking at the Wii at any electronics store. It was my obession then; my Christmas present wish, my birthday gift hopeful; Wii console and Wii Fit.



Needless to say, getting a chance to play with it was simply a wonderful delight. The Wii Fit comes with some programmes that allows the user(s) to make use the platform. Loads AND loads of fun. Not to mention the fact that all breakable furniture must be moved out of the way of overzealous players' moving/swingin radius. Hahaha... Can you imagine the dents on the furniture and replacements needed for a day full of vigorous exercising? Even the furniture in the MxL didn't not escape the occasional smack or hit. :)


MindMeiser is a very good software for getting a large group of people to contribute to a mind map at the same time. It appears to update real-time. Very useful for a brainstorming session with co-workers or students working on a project.

Now for the KWLQs of this week:

K: What I already KNOW about this week's topic:
It was definitely a very interesting way of engaging all the students or in this case trainee teachers. Enjoy the laughter and group fun.

W: What I WANT to learnMore about:
How else to get students to use the Wii console for school lessons other than Physical Education lessons?

L: What I have LEARNED this week:
Something about MindMeiser software. Good stuff.

Q: What QUESTIONS I still have: None at the moment.

I STILL WANT a WII Console and WII FIT for Christmas, next one if possible. I'm my own Santa Claus... So, very possible.

No comments:

My Favourite Music