There is an abundance of online Flash games. The interesting ones are those that attempt to share information with the players and those that educate the players. These interactive games serve as educational tools for the public in whichever specialised areas; the range of topics or subjects are so wide.
I was exposed to some online Flash games that drafted the player as a surgeon and performed various types of leg surgery. The experience was very enriching as I progressed through the processes of diagnosis, preparation of surgery, surgery and post-surgery care. There were many things to consider whilst being an orthopedic surgeon. Do the wrong thing and the patients may end up crippled, nasty!!!
The other game I played was a simple mathematic game using all the basic arithmetic functions as the base concept. I had to destroy the tanks with mathematic problems with the ammunition from my cannon. The only catch is that the tanks can be destroyed by the ammunition with the correct answer to their mathematical problem. My team mates were having a good time with this game and some commented, "I haven't processed the question of the tank yet!" and "BOOM" the that tank was destroyed... hahaha... loads of fun.
Now for the KWLQs of this week...
K: What I already KNOW about this week's topic is the fun element of these flash games and they are readily available as long as there's internet connection. Sometimes they can be very addictive and there's a need for a facilitator to help students understand the concepts in these flash games.
W: What I WANT to learn more about: Finding more interesting games for classroom learning.
L: What I have LEARNED this week: My reflexes, both mental and physical, are better than I expected.
Q: What QUESTIONS I still have: None, Loving every minute of gaming :P Gamers Rule!!!!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment